Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

NATIVE [image gallery]

Well, it feels crazy to be thinking about an art exhibition in Louisiana when everyone in the state is preparing for a natural disaster, and I hope everyone along the gulf coast knows that we are thinking about them and praying for the best.  Ann has asked me post the work for the show anyway, as we are still planning for the opening on September 7.  Louisiana people don't mess around, y'all.  We don't! 

I have finished the work for Native, my upcoming solo exhibition @ Ann Connelly Fine Art in Baton Rouge.  Both the gallery and Baton Rouge are dear to me, and are where as an artist, I truly began to grow.  I am honored and grateful to work with this stellar team of women, and to have an audience in Louisiana that has so favorably received and supported my work.  Ann and her staff have worked tirelessly with me over the years, promoting and selling my paintings as passionately as I created them.  I am grateful that I am able to spend my life making art and to share the beauty I see in this world through my work.  The people, landscape, and culture of Louisiana are the roots of who I am.

I am so looking very forward to being in Baton Rouge for the first time in two years (!), and to celebrating everyone's safety and well being with a post-Hurricane party like only we know how!  Until then, stay safe.


Botania I:  36" x 36"  ink, oil, oil crayon, & charcoal on canvas, 2012



Botania II:  36" x 36"  ink, oil, oil crayon, & charcoal on canvas, 2012



Botania III:  36" x 36"  ink, oil, oil crayon, & charcoal on canvas, 2012



Ornaments of Grace XX:  60" x 48" ink, oil, oil crayon, & charcoal, 2012



Ornaments of Grace XXI:  60" x 48" ink, oil, oil crayon, & charcoal, 2012



The Sacred Heart IV:  48" x 48" ink, oil, oil crayon, & charcoal on canvas, 2012



The Sacred Heart V:  48" x 72" ink, oil, oil crayon, & charcoal on canvas, 2012



The Sacred Heart VI:  48" x 48" ink, oil, oil crayon, & charcoal on canvas, 2012

  

The Sacred Heart III:  48" x 48" ink, oil, oil crayon, & charcoal on canvas, 2012



Wild Fern:  30" x 22"  ink, oil, & oil crayon on paper, 2012



Moss and Rocks:  30" x 22"  ink, oil, & oil crayon on paper, 2012




Lichen I:  72" x 36"  ink, oil, oil crayon, & charcoal on canvas, 2012



Lichen II:  72" x 36"  ink, oil, oil crayon, & charcoal on canvas, 2012



Lichen III:  72" x 36"  ink, oil, oil crayon, & charcoal on canvas, 2012



Triptych View



Aquaria I:  30" x 22"  ink, oil, & oil crayon on paper, 2012


Aquaria I:  30" x 22"  ink, oil, & oil crayon on paper, 2012










2 comments:

  1. i have just found your blog....beautiful work....thank-you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much, Sandy! I appreciate your taking the time to let me know.

    ReplyDelete