Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

SUPERFLOW: RETRO NADA

I feel like I just gave birth to ten pound triplets with no epidural.  Maybe that was inappropriate.  So sorry.  But after two weeks of obsessively painting, drawing, removing, redoing, pulling hair out, and repeat...I have finally finished these last three paintings in part one of Superflow, the series I will be showing next month at Jules' Place in Boston.

+ Bonus: it is cocktail hour.



SUPERFLOW: RETRO NADA I / 24" X 22" / OIL AND PENCIL ON CANVAS




SUPERFLOW: RETRO NADA II / 24" X 22" / OIL AND PENCIL ON CANVAS






SUPERFLOW: RETRO NADA III / 24" X 22" / OIL AND PENCIL ON CANVAS







2 comments:

  1. Hello Meredith:

    Has your medium always been paint & pencil? Did you naturally fall into oils or was it a trial and error or love/hate process that made you choose it?

    Would love to know!
    Thanks and your work is truly beautiful and fresh.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cathy,

    Thank you for your comment, and please forgive my delayed reply. I am just now seeing your post!

    I have always loved the way pencil, charcoal and oil work together. Well, I fell in love with oils first time I used them...love at first sight. No, I never hate them, only love :)

    And thank you for your kind words about my work!!!

    Meredith

    ReplyDelete