Search This Blog

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Cheers, y'all!!!



HAPPY 2011 !!!!!!!!!!



A ladder is a nice icon for progress I think.  Well, this is my ladder.  And this is my progress, as of a two  weeks ago, on a large commission for a residence in Louisiana.

Now that I think about it, my second post ever on this blog was twelve months ago.  It was me on a ladder in my Louisiana studio working on a commissioned painting this exact size for a Florida residence via Ann Connelly Fine Art.  And it was  mid-January.  And I remember being in a bad mood about it being too cold and wishing I were on a warm, sunny beach somewhere drinking a margarita on the rocks, no salt.  Hmm.  Well, I'll be damned if I am not going to Florida next week.  And I'll be damned if I am not going order that margarita.  And I'll be damned if the title of this painting isn't Water's Edge.  And no, I did not plan this cute little moment of serendipity, but I like it!




And the last painting of 2010 finished!  It will be hanging at Ann Connelly Fine Art until the installation at the end of this month.   



Water's Edge: 96" x 96" ink, acrylic, oil, charcoal, and oil crayon on canvas

Now get your margaritas ready...

Here's to a bright, shiny new year filled with progress, possibility, and lots of love for all...CHEERS!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment