Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Sneak Peek! (J Costello Gallery, Hilton Head, SC)

Hola Amigos!  I am back in the studio now after a relaxing, refreshing, and very entertaining trip to Cabo with my sweet friend and art dealer, Laura Rathe. What an awesome place.  I think I could live there.  Maybe I will.  Maybe I won't.  But right now I have a real big crush on Mexico. 

  In other news, for the past month or so I have been working on a group of 24 paintings commissioned by Oceania Cruise Lines for the newest addition to their fleet of ships, Marina. I will tell you more about this exciting commission and post photos of the body of work when the last pieces are complete.

I am also working on pieces for an upcoming solo exhibition @ J Costello Gallery in Hilton Head, SC called Pages: A True Story by Meredith Pardue. The opening reception is November 11, and everyone is welcome. The title reflects my desire to convey a personal narrative (almost sketchbook-like?) feeling to the exhibition. I have been collecting random scraps of paper, used paper towels, ruined paint brushes and other art materials to create mixed media and collage pieces on canvas and paper.  I also plan to include some of my usual oil on canvas/paper paintings in the show such as these images below:

Bloom 15: 30" x 22" ink, oil, and mixed media on paper

Bloom 16: 30" x 22" ink, oil, and mixed media on paper

Bloom 17: 30" x 22" ink, oil, and mixed media on paper

...and these paintings are from the Tropical Series, a body of work I did a few years ago.  I worked back into them with heavy white and black oil paint, which created a stark surface contrast to the high glossed, earthy stain in the underpainting.  I am really happy about the way these turned out, so I decided to stop hoarding them in my studio and let them out into the universe. Bamanos, last remaining pieces from my beloved Tropical Series. 

Tropical Series II, #10: 30" x 30" acrylic stain and oil on canvas

Tropical Series II, #5: 30" x 30" acrylic stain and oil on canvas

Tropical Series II, #9: 30" x 30" acrylic stain and oil on canvas

Ok, that's all I've got for now.  Thanks for checking in with me...now y'all go enjoy this gorgeous fall day!











No comments:

Post a Comment