Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Ten Pieces.

Here are the pieces I've created for Sheer Splendor, a three-person exhibition at Chicago Art Source.


The pieces below are more typical of what I do these days.  These came first...when I was composed and calm.  Then I got antsy and started cutting up paper, but I'm getting ahead of myself.  So, here...

Descending from the Heights: 36" x 36", oil, ink, and graphite on canvas

The Seraphs: 36" x 36", oil, ink, and graphite on canvas



Ascension: 36" x 36", oil, ink, and graphite on canvas


I already posted the two below a few weeks ago, but again...in the context of the bigger picture, voila.



Spell on the Bayou: 48" x 48", oil, ink, and graphite on canvas



Wind in My Bones: 48" x 48", oil, ink, and graphite on canvas


Now, back to the ants and paper cutting. These five are some mixed media collage pieces that I combined with oil on canvas.  Sort of experimental and raw.  But then sometimes, we like raw.

My Black Wings: 60" x 44", oil, ink, and collage on paper mounted on canvas



My Deep Earth: 60" x 52", oil, ink, and collage on paper mounted on canvas


Fire on the Bayou: 3" x 22", oil, ink, collage, and graphite on paper


Water's Edge: 3" x 22", oil, ink, collage, and graphite on paper


My Red Heart: 60" x 44", oil, ink, and collage on paper mounted on canvas



SHEER SPLENDOR (Susan Davidoff/Meredith Pardue/Sara Schneckloth) @ Chicago Art Source opens Friday, March 5. Opening reception is Friday, March 12, 6-8:30 p.m. Please join us!

No comments:

Post a Comment