Search This Blog

Monday, February 8, 2010

Das right!!! I mean, here is a new painting.

I thoroughly enjoyed creating this painting, finished last week.  It is a commissioned piece for a residence in Telluride, CO.  It was challenging, and nice to break away from the norm.  Although the title, Spanish Moss Hanging Quietly.  Preparing for Nothing, Expecting No One, for me evokes a heavy, swampy stillness, there is a similar quiet stillness and density on a snowy mountainside.  There is a wall of windows in the space where the painting will be installed that overlooks the poplars.  It sounds beautiful and very peaceful.  

Oh yeah, one more thing...WHO DAT!!!  Sorry, I just couldn't help myself.  Geaux Saints!!!!!!!!

Spanish Moss Hanging Quietly.  Preparing for Nothing, Expecting No One.
72" x 72" (total dimensions)
ink, acrylic, oil, graphite, charcoal, oil pastel on canvas

No comments:

Post a Comment